Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pain Killer Over Kill!

Having screws removed is a 15 minute procedure, so why all the heavy prescribed drugs?! I was given Fentanyl in the hospital and then sent home with a script for Percocet. Yes I realize that I was cut open a couple of inches and had three screws removed, but I think all these drugs are overkill and have left me with a 6 day headache (not to mention being sick to my stomach from the one Percocet I took for the car ride home.) Looking back at my first scope with 2 tears repaired, I only ever took 2 Vicodin and then resorted to Advil. What I found weird is that when the resident came in to write the script I told him I'd be fine with some strong Motrin, and he still wrote the script for Percocet. Just another situation that proves you know yourself best and to listen to your instincts.

1 comment:

HipRN said...

Hi, I am 28 years old and was told I have bilateral hip dysplasia and also right hip impingement. I have been reading your blog and am now seeing Dr. Zaltz for LPAO and RFAI/possible PAO. Already had the right hip scoped by a different surgeon, but did not work for me. I wondered if you and I could email each other as I have questions about Dr. Zaltz and R.O. Beaumont. I am in process of MRI arthrogram and CT reconstruction scans of both hips and will be folling up with Dr. Z in September to make a game plan for surgery. There aren't too many women who are posting that have seen Dr. Z so it is comforting to find someone who has been through such a huge operation with the surgeon that I will be having it done by. Looking forward to hearing from you! And congratulations on your recovery, it sounds like you are doing wonderfully!
Marcie