Monday, July 23, 2012

4 Year Anniversary!

 Four years seems like an eternity ago.  I actually missed my anniversary date!  Guess that's a good thing.  The repaired hip continues to do well.  I still cater to it by not running or jumping in hopes that increases it's longevity.  My good hip had a few months of being not so good late last summer.  It was to the point where I was ready to pick up the phone and make the dreaded appointment with my hip doctor to schedule surgery, it seriously hurt that bad.  I decided I owed it to myself to try a much less invasive approach, and met with my son's chiropractor who said she's dealt with hips like mine before.  I didn't hold out much hope, but I gave it a shot.  My x-rays showed a hip that was turned inward, twisted-like.  My right hip and shoulder were a couple of inches higher than my left, and I could feel it with every step.  But  I swear after one adjustment I felt like new.  I was amazed.  I've continued with once monthly adjustments and haven't given much thought to my hips otherwise.  I'm not saying that would have solved my other hip's issues, but I'm thrilled with the results I've gotten thus far.

No comments: