Monday, November 24, 2008

Still Making Little Improvements

At 4 1/4 months I find I'm still making little improvements. For instance today I found myself sitting in the floor Indian style. I couldn't believe that I was sitting with my legs cross, it's something I thought I would never do again. And it didn't hurt, just a little bit of a stretch is all I felt. This is all in addition to being able to sleep on my operated side more consistently. It's an amazing feeling to be able to do these little things that I use to take for granted.

On the flip side, I can say that the screws really bother me. They are tender, and wearing jeans is not very comfortable at times. I can't wait to get the screws removed, hopefully this spring. At least it's something to look forward to.

I just wanted to report on my new moves. Hopefully there's more to come!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I've heard about those screws. Beth couldn't wait to get hers out either. Guess I'm lucky that Dr. Mayo insets them so much (mine will stay in) that I've never felt them.
Congrats on all your progress. You've done an amazing job!
And thanks for your info about your misstep in the hospital. Made me feel a lot better before I had a chance to ask my doc.
Take care!
Cass

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving :) :) :)
as always, nice to hear that you're getting better by every passing day.

MY PAO STORY said...

Glad things are going well! The screws bothered me - especially wearing jeans and sleeping on my stomach. I was very glad to have them OUT!! Next time you are in FLA - let me know!!
Beth