Sunday, December 7, 2008

Planning for the Future

Does anyone know how many weeks post-PAO I am??!! Hold on, let me calculate . . .WOW, the answer is 20 weeks!! So I'm still not running any marathons--not that I ever did or ever intend to, but I can say that I'm hitting the gym hard, getting around just fine, and planning for the future. So what does that mean? It means that hip pain does not consume me anymore. It means that I'm preparing to return back to my job as a fitness instructor (hello to all my participants out there!) It also means that I'm going back to doing things that I use to do--this week I plan on hitting the ice as I just found skates small enough to fit my son. Ok, so maybe that's a bit aggressive, but it's not like anyone will be checking me into the boards or anything, and as long as I'm gliding across the ice there is no impact, right?!. I'll have to report on how that goes later in the week. . .

3 comments:

Marina said...

That is so great!!! I cannot wait to hit the gym hard. It's going to be my next milestone. Go you!

Unknown said...

And what classes will you be teaching? Maybe I'll be there as your student!! :)

I'm so glad you're doing well!!!

Eczema Mom said...

I'm hoping to be back on the schedule this spring--so probably a water class, and I would love to find a FIT or Strictly Strength class to teach as long as my leg is strong enough =)

Thanks for checking on my log and staying in touch!! That would be cool to see you in class!