Tuesday, December 9, 2008

PT Graduation Day!!

Major accomplishment in my PAO world to report on--today I graduated from physical therapy. Or as they put it, I am now 'discharged'. I like to think of it as an honorable discharge seeing how much blood, sweat, and tears I devoted to the cause--literally. I have spent 10 MONTHS in PT this year over the course of my 2 hip surgeries. What a relief to give up my standing bi-weekly appointments. Nice people there, but I hope I never need their services again!

During my final evaluation I was tested on range of motion and strength, and had vast improvements in all areas. Although none of my levels were 'normal', they were 'functional'. So what does that mean? I have some more work to do on my own, and I do feel that my hip & leg still has room for advancement. It's now completely up to me to make sure that I reach optimal levels. More weights and more biking are in my future, probably for the rest of my life. At least I'll be able to enjoy it pain-free.

So given all that, and the fact that I bought gas for $1.54 today, I'd say I'm having a great day--what more could a girl ask for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:) heyyyyyy good to hear all this wonderful news :) this is all so perfect leading up to Christmas.