Monday, December 29, 2008

Run, Forrest?

I have unexpectedly found a new love--the elliptical machine! All the bikes were taken at the gym, so I reluctantly got on an elliptical and much to my surprise it was awesome! It was the first time in a year that I've been able to use all my muscles at once; and the first time in much longer that I've been able to mimic anything close to running. I was so much in awe of my new found love that I ditched the rest of my workout and just "ran." I had visions of Forrest Gump playing in my head, I could have ran for a week. But I eventually had to return to reality and get on with my day, but got right back at it the next day. Even better is that I may not be doomed to just the bike, it gets SO VERY boring. On the flip side, I got in the pool today and there are just certain movements in the water that down right hurt. Don't get me wrong, water exercise is a great way to recover from any injury, but because the water resists in all directions and because of the weird angles you can move in, I find that I still need to be careful.

For your entertainment (it starts a little slow, but the best I could find):

7 comments:

Unknown said...

"run forest!" lolz lolz I love the title lolz lolz. its always great to hear from you.
i'm on my way back to pakistan for vacation. currently i'm at Abu Dhabi (1240am right now) and my flight is 910am (next morning) and air port hotel is full until 2am! (they're not granting me visa to head out:( ) hopefully i'll get some sleep when i do finally get a room.
keep writing :) reading your blog and especially the title just brightened my all-too-tired night :)

Eczema Mom said...

Hey Usman, Happy New Year! Sorry to hear about your messy travel situation, that's a real bummer. Glad to know someone is still reading my blog--LOL! I don't update as much anymore now that I'm back to full blown 'mom mode', just not enough time to sit down and type! Good luck to you and safe travels!

Unknown said...

Ack! the dreaded elliptical! HATE IT! My feet always end up falling asleep. No Joke. but, yes, it is much less impact than running...:)

You rock for getting to the gym though...I haven't been to the gym since before xmas. I haven't left my house since xmas.

Eczema Mom said...

I notice my feet tend to fall asleep on the elliptical, too. What's up with that? But still, I'm digging my new form of moving.

MY PAO STORY said...

I have an elliptical machine at my house..it was the first real "exercise" I did after PAO besides walking!) When will you be coming back to FL?

Eczema Mom said...

Note to self--I worked out on a hotel elliptical today that puts all the weight in your heels so that your feet don't fall asleep and the butt gets a good workout--Precor EFX cross trainer. Bad news it's $4000.

MY PAO STORY said...

I have an "Octane Fitness" elliptical that I bought at a Fitness store...I think it was about $2000. Send me an email when you come to FM...lbmcdo@aol.com...would love to meet!