Wednesday, October 15, 2008

3 Month Check Up

I had my 3 month check up with the good Dr. Z today. So far all is good. I kind of laughed at myself walking into the hospital as I was behind these 2 dudes that were walking SO slow and taking up the entire hallway so I couldn't pass. To think I was wanting to pass someone, a few weeks back that would have been me at the leisurely stroll.

In seeing Dr Z, he had me walk fast down the hallway to take a look at my gait. No limp! We talked about my discomfort in what I thought is the joint capsule. He explained it's not the capsule, but where he cut the bone. The bone is healed but the tendon that runs across it is going to take months to completely heal. He also said we can look at removing the screws this spring; the good news is that can be done under local anesthesia with a 1-2 inch incision. As for activity, he doesn't recommend that I take up jogging, but I can chase my kid around or kick a soccer ball if I want. My abductors are extremely weak and need a good 3-4 months of training to bring them around. And the best news is that he said he would expect my PAO to last at least until he's retired--20+ years!!! All-in-all we both seemed please with my progress.

No comments: