Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Courage

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."
~John Wayne~

I happen to notice this quote attached to a signature on a hip board I read. It stopped me in my tracks, and made me think that I must be really courageous given how scared $hitless I was going into this surgery. Seriously, I was a wreck for the last two weeks leading up to surgery. I think a lot had to do with having a young child and trying to orchestrate all the help we were going to require. But when all was said and done, I found that I just took it day-by-day, sometimes minute-by-minute, and focused on the task at hand. It wasn't easy, and sometimes it was down right painful, but I got through it and am a stronger person for it. I know what real pain feels like, needles don't bother me as much, I'm more compassionate for people in compromising situations, and yes I guess I am more courageous than I realized.

No comments: