Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh My Aching Hip

Well I've learned that going to one crutch is going to be a more gradual approach than I had hoped.  Having not used some of these leg muscles for almost 2 months, I can't expect them to just jump on board and get me moving.  For me, the act of going down to one crutch will be rehab & therapy in itself as these muscles have a lot of strengthening yet to do.  My hip has been very sore since trying to drop a crutch, so I'm not rushing into this.  Although it's very nice to have a free hand!

I also woke up this morning very stiff and sore.  I'm hoping it's from my PT yesterday, and not the humidity and rain that set in over night.  My doc did say that with the good days will come an occasional set back, so hopefully this is as bad as it gets.

2 comments:

Marina said...

Yikes! I have been doing arm weights non-stop to prepare my upper body for crutches, but I am sure I will still struggle.

Unknown said...

hi D,

I hope everything is fine because it has been a while since you've written anything, plus the last blog also didn't set the right tone. hope you're recovering well.

take excellent care,