Monday, August 4, 2008

Calling in the Reserves

Oh how I'm trying to make lemonade out of lemons right now! Yes, I'm a control freak. Yes, I am working on learning to give some control up and taking the laid back route. Of course 'I' think I'm doing a pretty good job given the circumstances, but the universe must see things differently.

Prior to surgery I called a little family meeting to make sure we're all on the same page, and to get all of our schedules in sync. It worked out beautifully. Must have been a little too well. Since my husband works out of town, my mom was going to take the bulk of load taking care of my 2 year-old. Well low and behold her back goes out--UGH! Major setback, and I feel so bad as she's still trying to do what she can which is really hard to watch. So this has been going on for a few days. Then my AC went out--we're talking kaputt, needing total replacement. That's always good when one's self employed and not collecting disability. And then my sister calls this morning, mind you she's part of the back up plan since she just had a baby a couple months ago, and she's at Urgent Care for her back. WTF?!?!?!

Ok self, breathe.

The good news is that in any second now the AC people will be here with a new unit. Also any second now there will be people here to remove drywall from an area in our basement that sprung a leak. A little chaotic, but these things will be fixed.

So with my mom, sis, and myself out of commission that leaves good old dad. Poor guy, he also takes care of his sister and mom. We had a good laugh this morning about how desperate people must be to need his services. None-the-less he will be here in 30 minutes :) I'm hoping my 12 year-old cousin will think it's fun to come over and take care of the needy; summer vacation is not that fun anyways, right?!

I'm trying to keep this blog positive, because after all my physical recovery is coming right along. But sometimes one just has to vent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ARE allowed!!!
We must be sisters of more than just hips...our a/c went on the fritz and totally out also!!! $5000 later...
It's all challenging, but when dealing with medical issues everything else just, well, is intensified.
We all go there sometimes...it's just a matter of whether or not we stay there! ;)
Keep pushin~SHC