Saturday, August 30, 2008

6 Weeks Out

Another week has passed and I'm more hopeful that I'll get the go ahead to wean off these crutches when I see Dr. Z this week.  The key will be if the bone has healed, so I'm anxious to see the x-rays (and get another peak at the screws.)  

Last weekend was definitely a turning point, as I'm feeling more and more like my old self.  A lot has to do with making it to the gym to ride the bike, which I managed to hitch a ride to 3 times this week.  Each workout showed improvement, going from 20, to 25, then to 30 minutes.  At one time I even upped it to level 2 for a couple minutes--I'm such a rebel.  The cool thing is that the first time I rode I was struggling to get to 40 rpms, and today I saw numbers in the 70s.  The whole time though I was very aware that 6-weeks post my original scope in February is when my cartilage re-tore, but still it felt good to ride.

Like I said, things have been looking up this week.  I actually went out to dinner twice (so that's twice in 6-weeks!)  I rode the scooter in Target & the grocery store.  It is a major bummer when the scooters are out, which also happened to me twice this week.  Everything else is pretty much status quo until I can ditch the crutches.  I am still looking forward to the day I can drive. But I know I'm feeling better as my son's class is going to the zoo in a couple of weeks and I was making arrangements with my husband to go, until he reminded me of my status.  It didn't even cross my mind that I might not be able to go! =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good progress :)

Susan said...

Hey D!
Fab-u-lous! Going out, hanging out-- and working out. Must feel amazing.I am getting my life organized for my surgery at the end of the month. I'll put some big plans on the calendar for week six! -Susan W.