Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Visit with my Favorite Doc

Huge day, actually had to be some where on time this morning.  With the help of my fabulous cousin, I was able to get my son up and fed.  Then it was off to see Dr. Z.  Gotta give a shout out to my dad for the ride, especially since it wasn't looking too good for him to make his tee time.

I learned a long time ago, make my hip appointments first thing in the morning.  That cuts my visit from 5 hours to 3.  That is one busy place, but the people are so nice and I love my doctor (which may be why he's so popular) so it's totally worth it.

I was able to see my x-ray of my newly constructed hip (sorry I don't have a picture to share, I'll work on getting that.)  4 big screws and a lot more coverage over the femur, which is what we were going for.  Dr. Z seems pleased, but warned we're not over the hump quite yet.  The best thing was that he ordered me up PT and told me to get to the gym and ride the recumbent bike. That means I get to get out of the house, whooo-weee!  I also get to lose those sexy TED socks, but I have another 10 days of blood thinners and blood draws.  I did ask if I can do some water walking in the pool and he said I could do some high knees, but if I actually extended my leg out then my quad muscles will rip away from my thigh since he had to detach them during surgery.  I think I'll stay away from the water for now.   All-in-all a good visit, plus my dad made it to the golf course so I don't have guilt.

I also have to give a HUGE thank you to my good friend who brought over a pesto tortellini dish and to my neighbor for some Chinese bread that looks awesome.  It is so very helpful to be able to just put some food on a dish and heat it up.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent!
Things looking good :)