Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wanna See It?

Ok, so this is kind of gross and you may not really want to see it.  But I was so impressed with what a difference a week makes that I felt the urge to share.

My incision isn't nearly as large as I had expected.  It's about 6-7 inches.  Plus I have a couple 1 inch slits on my thigh from the scope.  I thought I had drains, too, but I have no idea where those would have gone.

The whole thing was bandaged during surgery, and then removed on day 3.  I was left with a bunch of surgical tape covering everything that took the most of 3 weeks to totally fall off.  To me it looks like a mini mountain range with a really long peak from end-to-end.  I now treat it daily with Neosporin, and I think that stuff must be working just like the commercial shows--it's amazing!  The really gross part is that my PT wants me to massage it, and it is so gross to touch--yuck!  Not only is it bumpy, but it's still tender, and numb if that makes any sense.

After 1 week (notice the tape):

3 weeks (not sure what happened to week 2, but you get the idea):

Week 4 (you can't really see the peaks, but doesn't it look a lot better than week 3?!):



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You for sure are having a lot more tough time recovering then I did. Though mine was a broken leg but the PT aspect sort of resemble.
I also keep advising you that you should take it slow. Before long you’ll be totally fine and would look back at this time … however while this time is here you’ve gotta go slow :)
Also, last post … that was cute, you know you’re dream :) I always get the one where I’m in the middle of an exam and I’m totally un-prepared … or I’m late for an exam or I had prepared for the wrong subject lolz … basically all studies related nightmares and I still get ‘em and they’re still as nasty lolz
Keep writing and keep getting better :) these set back won’t stand in your way of eventually doing 110 mph on the freeway lolz … ok may be 80 mph ;)

MY PAO STORY said...

The scar looks GREAT!!!

Brian said...

Oh man. That makes my little one-inch incision for a non-cancerous, annoying lipoma look like... well, a little tiny incision. And I know how much that bad boy hurt.

Keep up with the cocoa butter and vitamin E and it'll look remarkably good within a year, and keep that scar out of the sun. Scars don't tan like regular skin does.

I don't even play a doctor on TV.